I recently spent 48 hours in Seattle. The founder of my art school, and my mentor in art school, Gary Faigin, passed away and I flew out for his Remembrance. There were 600 people there! And you can watch it on YouTube. He had a big impact on many people. I got to the airport with time to kill. So naturally I drew it.
The next morning I taught my classes via Zoom, then got together with a friend I haven't seen in ages and caught up for several hours. Then it was time for the Drink & Draw at the new Gage, and I tried to remember how to draw figure. Coffee show drawings only do so much for keeping your figure skills up to date!
The next morning I wandered around Seattle for a while - I don't even recognize the city it's grown so much. I discovered there is a banana stand outside "Bezo's balls" (as the terrarium is called).
Then I got a tour of the new Gage facility on SLU. Gorgeous. Half the school is now in a different location, but I was good to see this building since it has a number of the items from the old school, including the books, and some "bricks" which were made from the old tables. I then ambled around Seattle some more, and finally found a good matcha.
Then it was back to the airport, via the train. Nice that there is rail now, but some serious fails in terms of finding where to buy a ticket and which train goes to the airport, but it's a smooth. fast ride. SEA is much bigger than MRY, so crowded, but they actually have live music and I got something to eat and a few more sketches then it was home, and my neighbor's cat waiting for me.
